- 06/16 - We have formed a new Slack channel for Plantiffs
- Please forward the email with title 【Welcome to the H-1B Lottery Lawsuit】from Gracie Roper to email@example.com
- Please DO NOT ADD SOMEONE ELSE as we need to verify the email
- 05/24 - The onboarding page is live, and we can sign up now!
- Please read the FAQ first https://www.visalaw.com/h-1b-lottery-litigation-faq
- Then sign up at https://www.visalaw.com/h-1b-lottery-litigation-onboarding
- You DO NOT need a H-1B online lottery registration number!!
- If you don’t have it
- you can write: ‘I don’t know the exact number, but I was informed not being selected. I can show screenshots of the notification email from my employer.’
- you will probably get an email from the lawyer asking you to provide some proofs
- Proof: any email/screenshot from HR/Lawyer said you didn’t selected or still has submitted status would work
- If you don’t have it
- Payment Page
- When asked for the invoice or reference number, enter the name of our case: H-1B Lottery Litigation
- Since this lawsuit won’t be a class action (reason is in the FAQ), all personal remedy will most likely ONLY apply to plantiffs.
- If you have any addtional questions, please follow our attorneies’ Twitter and ask them during their YouTube live.
- 05/12 - Lawyers said they are trying their best to make the portal online asap - thank you all for the waiting and we will keep everyone updated.
05/06 - We are pleased to announce that our group will start a lawsuit against USCIS regarding the unfair H-1B lottery for Fiscal Year 2022.
Charles Kuck, Greg Siskind and Jeff Joseph will represent us in court. All of them have extensive litigation experience against various federal agencies that violate immigration laws. Recently, they represented plaintiffs in cases involving extreme delays in the handling of the Diversity Visa, the O-1 visa and the EB-5 investor visa. They have a track record of delivering results for plaintiffs in high-profile cases.
- 04/14 - We met the lawyer to go through our argument. The lawyer said he is interested in our case and will get back to us after some prep works.
04/13 - Senator Grassley(R-IA), Brown(D-OH), Sanders(I-VT), and Blumenthal(D-CT) were the co-sponsor of the H-1B Reform Act, and we would like to send a letter to all of them.
📢 We are looking for someone lives in either CT or VT to send the letter - please email us if you are interested in.
- 04/09 - The letter was successfully sent to Senator Durbin’s office in D.C. with about 1000 co-signers.
04/06 - While waiting for the reply from lawyers, we drafted a letter to Senator Durbin (D-IL) and is seeking his support and help in combating H-1B abuse.
Senator Durbin is the current chair of Senate Judiciary Committee. For 10+ years, he and Senator Grassley (R-IA) have worked on exposing the failings of the H-1B visa, and the reform of H-1B visa. Now we’re looking for co-signers. Please fill out this survey if you are interested in joining us: https://forms.gle/1METb5vwucJCkYS96
- 04/04 - What are the volunteer committee doing
- 04/04 - How can you contribute?
- Principal Attorneies:
- Number of Plaintiffs: at least 100
- Plaintiff’s fee: $500 per person
- Each plaintiff will sign a contract and pay directly through the link of the law firm.
- ⚠️No information nor funds will pass through us ⚠️
- If cannot get 100 plaintiffs, lawyer said he will refund
- This fee is fixed, and will not decrease as the number of people increased
- The plaintiff requested:
- Participated in the Random Selection of FY2022 H-1B by USCIS in March 2021
- The status in the system is NOT Selected
- It’s okay to still have ‘Submitted’ status
- Registration will close on June 15th
- If we have enough plantiffs, lawyer will file the lawsuit by the end of June
- Details can be founded in the FAQ page
- Includes common questions like whether joining will impact future applications